Monday, February 24, 2014

Our Little Lydia | Newborn Photo Shoot

It's been three weeks now since we first laid eyes on her. Meet our sweet daughter, Lydia, who made her grand debut on Groundhog Day* and Super Bowl Sunday. We didn't see a single game play or commercial - we were wrapped up in our own once-in-a-lifetime production.

All the cliche things they say about having a baby? They're so true. It was love at first sight, and this little gal's filled places in our hearts we didn't know existed. I remember being nervous for the late night wake ups, diaper blow-outs, and projectile spit-ups that come with infant territory. I won't lie. It's hard (serious props to those of you with multiple children...you're my heroes), but I didn't realize how willing I'd be to do anything for her. I don't know that I've ever felt this depth of joy before. And a BIG THANK YOU to all those who've visited, brought food, and sent well wishes - we so appreciate every act of love and kindness.

Now, let a proud mama share pictures. These were taken when our pretty Lydee was six days old. Thanks to the gentle hands and talented eye of Heather at heathermickey.com. (Highly recommend her!)

*Feb. 2 is also her late great-grandpa's birthday. 









Already finished reading three chapter books to her, including "Winnie the Pooh."  Read, baby, read! See my thoughts on babes and books here: 7 things I want to teach my daughter about books.



















4 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! I love the photos of her on the books! Adorable! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet pictures!!! So happy for you. It's true--you just can't expect the amount of love you'll have for this little creature, and it makes all the sleep deprivation worth it.

    ReplyDelete