Saturday, June 15, 2013

Quacky for QWIRKLE


Get this. So, we got a few Christmas presents at Memorial Day (yeah for fun surprises!) My sister Emily gave me QWIRKLE, and Ryan and I have been a bit obsessed ever since.              

I've never been a fan of video games, but I love me a good board game. I was introduced to the Mensa-approved brainy game with our New Jersey cousins last October, and I'm so glad they know about such a fun, colorful games. You line up the colors and shapes, getting points for each line you create. When you finish a line of six, it's called a...you guessed it...QWIRKLE, and you get a boost in points.Winning requires strategy, and I love how both sides of the brain need to show up and do their part.  

Ryan and I have played practically every single day since we brought it home. We played during my lunch breaks, waiting for a train on a bench, with our neighbors - it's definitely our game of choice at the moment. Ryan is first to tell you I'm competitive at games, and it's no wonder I created the "300 Point Club" in our QWIRKLE box.

Coming to visit us? Let's play QWIRKLE. Or maybe we'll bring it to your house. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment