Memorial Day's this next weekend - helloooo summer!
Announcement: This weekend will be my very last flying as a flight attendant. I've been with the airline since 2009, and Ryan knows best how addicted I've been to those flight benefits. When it comes down to it, though, I've been working two jobs for two years WHILE attending graduate school. (Crazy, I know.) It's time to move on and take back our weekends together.
Thanks to my flying, Ryan and I have seen many of the world's greatest cities together - Paris, Rome, Sydney, New York City, Venice. I'll admit that being part of an airline for almost four years ingrained a mentality that the real adventure must be a state or a continent away.
Ryan, on the other hand, is perfectly content with a patch of grass, family, and a frisbee to throw around. That simplicity has bothered me at times, but I see how much more healthy it is to be content and happy where you are - with those who mean the most to you in the world.
He's right - there's much fun to be had right here in our own Utah backyard. National Geographic even named our own Ogden, Utah, as a "Best Adventure Town" in the United States.
This summer, we're here to stay. And with all of these fun events planned, that sounds pretty nice to me.
Here's our 2013 Summer Staycations list:
- Park City weekend
- Go indoor skydiving (it's only two blocks from our place and we have yet to go!)
- Attend a Sunday program of "Music and the Spoken Word" at the LDS Conference Center
- Get color-dusted in the Salt Lake City COLOR RUN (Aug. 24 - you coming?)
- Check out the Eccles Dinosaur Park
- Climb Ben Lomond mountain
- Celebrate cousin Sarah Jane's wedding in SLC (July)
- Stay at Snowbird ski resort for Ryan's birthday
- Go camping
- Attend the Brigham City temple together
- Enjoy cousin Keala's wedding in SLC (August)
- Day trip to famous Spiral Getty in the Great Salt Lake
- Sleepover with cousins in Traverse Mountain