Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cheesy Love and Other Wins of a Pregnant Lady's Husband

Pregnancy doesn't happen only to women. No, their partners definitely feel the impact of the cravings, sleep deprivation, and mood swings. My Ryan's won some serious blog-worthy points lately as a pregnant lady's husband. (Men, take note...)

Yesterday I told him, "You ought to try being pregnant. Even for a month. I wonder how you'd handle it." He laughs when I say things like that, but I can't help but wonder what my triathlon-competing fat-free man would look like with my pregnant belly.

Although I hadn't really eaten it in years, there's only one food item I've really, undeniably craved: CHEESE, specifically of the Colby Jack variety. I confess in a 48-hour period last month I ate an entire pound. By myself. I've done better lately about rationing, but ran out of Colby yesterday.

I never wanted to be one of those "send the husband at midnight for pickles" kind of pregnant ladies. Yet, last night I mentioned - in a more whiny way than I'd like to admit - how much I wanted more of my precious cheese after a long day of work and grad school class. Ryan's much too practical for frivolous midnight runs to the grocery store. Or so I thought. I woke up for my 3 a.m. bathroom wake-up, took a visit to the kitchen and discovered this gem in the fridge:
"It's cheesy how much I love you." Oh, melt my heart!
 Isn't that so sweet?!

And for a couple months now, I keep finding all these little love notes around the house. Ryan knows I'm a "word person" and it means so much to me to see him taking time to love me how I love to be loved. A couple more:
In our baby bassinet: "I love you Mommy"
On our office door: "You are wonderful to me" with our wedding announcement. Yep, I married a keeper.
Prego update: This week marks the mid-way pregnancy point: 20 weeks! Next week we're finding out the gender of our first baby, and I may or may not have been keeping a paper chain since our last doctor visit three weeks ago. (Pink, blue, pink, blue...ending on a yellow "hello, baby Beck!) Excited is an understatement....and we both have an inkling this is a boy. We'll see...




2 comments: