Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year's Eve at the Eiffel Tower




Paris for New Year's Eve? Check it off the bucket list, baby. 

The glorious thing about being a flight attendant is the ability to jump on an airplane on a last minute whim. While I didn't know if we'd be able to pull it off, we did get on the plane stand by, and had an incredible long weekend in the City of Lights to ring in 2013. It wasn't our first time abroad at the cusp of the new year - two years ago we went to Sydney. Yeah, I know: We're pretty dang lucky.

If you're working two jobs while going to grad school (I raise my hand here), then you better use your flight benefits while you can! 

What's it like under the Eiffel Tower when the clock strikes midnight for the new year? Check out what we experienced.  

And then come along as I take you on a little tour of what we saw in one of the most romantic cities in the world. Oh yeah...and I'm now officially 27 years old. 
The view when we got off our metro stop

Cambronne is just three stops from Tour Eiffel!

I saw these lovely flowers
Naturally, the flower shop is named "happy"

How cute. He got me a flower. I love him!


Such lovely bakeries everywhere!

I liked the Australia sign next to the Eiffel Tower







Ryan picked the Pompidou - lots of funky modern art





No comments:

Post a Comment