Friday, August 24, 2012

Tractor Time, Baby


As a farmer's granddaughter, I've grown up appreciating farming, tractors, and the hard-earned crops that result from months of disciplined work. (Shout out to Grandma and Grandpa Webb. We love you!) Grandpa is a loyal John Deere guy, and our family's quite a yellow tractor bunch, but recently I got to drive me a big ol' red tractor.

After Ryan's triathlon in Burley, Idaho, a happy twist of fate brought us across the street from the Agri-Service dealer. At my job, one of our clients is AGCO, and I write marketing material for Massey Ferguson, one of the tractor brands sold at the dealership. I couldn't pass up the chance to get up close and personal with the big red tractors. Larry and Curtis were happy to give us a look around, quite the hospitable guys.

Curtis gave Ryan and I a ride around the block in the biggest, nicest tractor on the market - and then let me drive it into the garage. Yeah, baby!









1 comment:

  1. Just look at the tires on that behemoth! That thing would obviously be a handful during tire change! Lol. It’s definitely a great experience to ride one of those babies. :D

    Bernadine Koster

    ReplyDelete